To have a smooth moving day you need to start preparing weeks in advance. As a parent, you’ve already got plenty of practice at multitasking, however, you’ll need to decide how you will take care of your young ones on moving day. Think about whether or not you’ll be able to look after the kids while you’re managing moving day tasks. You’ll be sorting through your belongings, speaking with the professional movers, packing final boxes, cleaning, and putting together your new home.
Though you may think you can handle it all, your children’s safety is obviously the number one priority on moving day. If you’re unable to watch your children closely or take care of them accordingly, then you’ll want to seek additional help.
Knowing that a reliable person you can count on will be there for moving day will give you peace of mind because it will free you of that worry. Be sure to ask a neighbor, relative, or reliable babysitter ahead of time to come watch your children. Knowing that the kids are well taken care of on moving day will allow you to focus solely on moving day tasks, which will make the day go smoother for everyone!
Reasons to hire a babysitter for moving day
- If you’ve chosen to hire a reliable babysitter for moving day, preferably one that’s already worked for your family, then your children’s daily routine won’t be interrupted. Keep in mind that though your children may be of a young age, they’re still feeling the effects of moving day. Though they might not directly be affected by it while it’s happening, they will feel the flurry of activity and take notice. Having a babysitter there will keep your child focused on just that: being a kid.
- You might want to consider hiring a babysitter a couple of days in advance. During the last minute packing and arranging, your babysitter can look after your children while you handle the last-minute tasks, phone calls, professional mover instructions, and organizing that needs to be completed.
- Having a babysitter on moving day to keep your kids busy and out of trouble is key for moving day. If you’re the only one watching your children, you’ll probably have constant interruptions and will be faced with thousands of questions regarding the tasks at hand.
- Another great reason to hire a babysitter for moving day is because he or she will keep your kids engaged in fun activities. This will allow your children the much-needed opportunity to burn off some steam so they’ll sleep soundly that first night.
- This one’s probably the most obvious reason, but it’s important to prevent anyone from getting hurt on moving day, especially your kids. If they’re running around on a day when your belongings will be set in places where they’re not usually placed, your kids could get hurt. If you’ve hired professional residential movers to assist you, it’s best to keep the kids away from the workers who will be in and out loading up boxes, furniture, and the like.